Monday, January 5, 2009

the lagacy part 2

THE LEAGACY Part 2

Fahren was a sword that was given to me by my father when i was 18 and was ready to become a resistant mage. He said it was given to him by his father and he was the paladin back then. Because i only ever used fahren on the lesser spirits i never knew its true potential, until now.
Once the king heard about the incident he called the royal guard and sent them to find the wielder of fahren. Eventually they found me, once they did i was taken back to the throne and asked if i was able to go into the corrupted lands of darken and send the huge amounts of dead spirits back to death.
I couldn’t say no so i went but with 5 others. We set off after i packed some needed stuff. We rode a spell dragon there that would also help us fight the thousands of spirits there.
We weren’t as prepared as them. A spirit army was already mustering when we arrived. Lancer the wielder of Eager the spirit bow (one of the 5) was already firing an enchanted arrow. Once shot the arrow split into hundreds of splinters which also grew into full arrows in mid air, sending huge amounts of the spirit army. I felt hundreds of dead spirit bound to their master will because of corrupted magic sent back into death, many of which were happy to go. Velcro the resistant mage threw orbs of resistant magic which also blew holes into the enemies ranking. The dragon named roar roared a death cry which sent every single dead spirit 1 mile around him back to death. Then came me i drew a mark for blinding so the dead spirits couldn’t attack me when i rushed and charged, fahren cut deep into the sprit flesh of the biggest one of the dead spirits and sent a shockwave of very powerful magic fire send the whole army and more back into death. I fainted because of the power that leaked into me from fahren.
I woke up in the infirmary with the five companions that came with me they were all unconscious but only i was clean. Most of the five were covered with patches of dried blood from the wounds that spirit beasts gave them. I got up slowly checking if there were any signs of broken bones or deep wounds. It turned out i was totally unharmed. Not even a bruise from the massive implosion. Then i saw millions of ancient resistant spell mark glowing just under my skin. I hardly knew any of them until i touched the places they were floating around. One touch and i knew what most of them were for. There were hundreds of them; it took quite a while before i got to know only half of them. When i finally looked up i saw the nurse looking at me strangely. Then she asked “is there a problem with you arm sir” I laughed then replied” no, it’s just that i can’t help being curious” she gave me another weird look then left. I found out most of the marks where master marks (very hard to do and can cause the caster harm if too powerful) and they were from fahren. Then i remembered the story my father told to me he said “Son, i want you to know that if you have fahren by your side it’ll be like having me by your side, it will do anything it can to protect you from danger”. I quickly tried to cast a few of the marks. It was easier cast the mark near the light pillars that were around the castle (they help lessen the concentration needed to cast spells) but where still hard to cast. There was one that blew a hole into the wall when the rings of marks floated there. There was also one that turned you invisible. They would be useful in war.
After a few weeks of healing (with the help of the healing magic) the rest of the five recovered. So we returned to the king and told him about the new. Lancer reported the situation and told the king about the unbelievable power in the sword. Then i showed the king the marks that where hundreds of years old that were placed in the sword. The king was amazed but when he said he would like the sword to protect himself in battle it flared when it was handed and then melted into a floating blob of sliver and reformed into a bird and landed back onto my shoulder. It surprised the king very much and fortunately the king was more of a cheerful fellow and just let the bird be mine. Then after the meeting lancer and the crew left but the king told me to stay. He wanted me to be his protect in war and battles and also be his body guard on diplomatic missions. He also would provide a better room for me to live in and also higher pay. I was given 500 gold crowns every week (before i got only 30 gold crowns per week) and also was to sit next to the king in banquets. I hid my excited feelings was agreed calmly and waited for the servants to move my stuff into the new room.
The room was 4 times the size of my old one and was lined with gold decorations. I was surprised when a servant came with a pouch. He handed it to me a also to go with it a note from the king. It read Dear Garran, you have been a great help to my kingdom and so i have given you your reward, in this bag is also some money for you to get anything you would wish from king Jareth. So i went out and got a dragon scale chain mail witch i enchanted with the new master marks i new for enchantment and protection. Also i bought a hazelnut steed which would be very useful to get around with and also i brought a very intelligent baby dragon (one of my favourite creatures). Secretly i enchanted him and gave him the power of speech. He knew what i did and thanked me because it was annoying when humans just patted or ran away when he made his little roars.
I asked what it liked to eat and it replied “gold, fish, pigs, and um... corn yep” then it flew up ahead to a stall. When i finally got there (puffing)i saw the little dragon looking hungrily at some of the roasted meat that was sitting over some herbs. I asked if the dragon wanted some and it turned to me and said “ what do you mean do you want some, who wouldn’t look at the juicy looks of that piece of meat just floating over all that delicious green stuff” i sighed and asked the dazzled shop keeper (who was surprised to see a talking dragon) if i could buy the whole roasted lamb and he just nodded and also added 4 gold crowns or 250 silver crowns i payed and took the little dragon home.

No comments: